Gourmet Services Inc. understands that a quality food service program is imperative to your institutions ability to achieve student satisfaction and retention, while providing a sense of enhanced benefits. We know that operating in a diverse environment presents numerous growth opportunities in many areas. GSI and our team of professionals develop partnerships with our clients that supports the institution’s objectives of providing quality dining and food service to its students and surrounding community.
Through the introduction of Gourmet’s “Total Life Cuisine & Wellness” (TLC) initiative, our chefs have created recipes that will introduce healthier food choices for students and faculty, such as the addition of more grains, fruits and nuts, and the substitution of red meats with alternatives such as turkey, tofu and legumes. In addition to the healthier additions, our extensive menu ensures that each student and visitor to the campus will continue to have numerous selections of scrumptious dining options.
Our Vegetarian and Vegan menu choices are both healthy and delicious. We bring more to our vegetarian menu than a simple veggie burger. Students can enjoy Vegan French Toast and Veggie Sausage, as well as numerous lunch options such as Stuffed Pasta Shells, Tofu Kabobs and Spinach &Three-Cheese Casserole.
GSI traditionally provides positions dedicated to student workers for those students interested in pursuing careers in Hospitality and Foodservice Management. The selected students will gain a skill set that can be used in any foodservice operation upon their graduation, as well as in hotels and conference centers around the world.
To keep the dining program exciting and fresh, will offer Monotony Breaks, Special Causes/ Health Day Events (cancer awareness events, get fit events, etc), Valentine’s Day Events, March Madness Events, and Super Bowl Parties. We will also engage student organization to create promotional events that add value to the dining experience.
Our popular Heavy to Healthy Recipe Contests allows members of the institution to submit their favorite recipes. Our dieticians will create the healthier version of the submitted item. Patrons will be invited to sample and vote on their favorite and the winning recipe will become a featured special in the cafe.
- Alabama State University, Montgomery, AL
- Bethune Cookman Univ. Daytona, FL
- Central State Univ. Wilberforce, OH
- Clark Atlanta University Atlanta, GA
- Concordia College, Selma, AL
- Edward Waters College, Jacksonville, FL
- Fayettville State, Fayettville, NC
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical Univ. Miami, FL
- Fort Valley State, Fort Valley, GA
- Gainesville State College, Oakwood, GA
- Hampton University, Hampton, VA
- Huston-Tillotson University, Austin, TX
- Jarvis Christian College, Hawkins, TX
- Lane College, Jackson, TN
- Lemoyne Owen College, Memphis, TN
- Lincoln University, Lincoln University, PA
- Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO
- Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA
- Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
- Univ. of the Virgin Islands, St. Croix, VI
- Virginia Union University, Richmond, VA
- Wilberforce University, Wilberforce, OH
- Winston Salem St. Winston-Salem, NC